Why Should Your Brand Shifting From Brand Awareness To Brand Affinity
If you ever see me holding an android phone, take me to a doctor immediately for check-up because clearly I am unwell
said an iPhone user….
I will dare not wear any other denim brand than Levis….
Even visiting an Adidas store feels like cheating said a Nike lover…
How can you serve me Pepsi don’t you know I am a coke fan…
Haven’t we all heard of these statements from our friends, peers, or colleagues! And on asking about the reason we often hear them saying it’s about the taste performance or experience or maybe any other logical-sounding reasons to make us feel like they
have based their purchasing decisions on something very reasonable. But actually, they are just classic examples of what is called Brand Affinity.
Brand affinity is nothing but feelings or connection that a customer feels towards the brand. It comes from a sense that the brand shares certain common values that are important to customers. It starts from brand awareness that progresses into brand
loyalty, and then finally deepens into form a strong brand affinity. For any brand, Brand affinity is extremely crucial, as it dictates and predicts customers’ purchase behaviour. And as a customer develops brand affinity, the chances that they are
going to choose your brand over and over again is much higher, even when presented with exciting deals and discounts from your competitors. What’s more, they are more likely to become your brand ambassadors and tell others about a product without
So now the question is how do you build brand affinity? Below comprises of few strategies that will help your brand to the same:
- Know Your Audience The first and foremost step to build affinity is to understand your target audience. To achieve this collect information from various data sources such as sales, surveys, interviews, reviews, CRM data, social media data,
employee and customer anecdotes basically anything that helps you strengthening your understanding of the targeted audience. And as you progress you will know about the likes and dislikes of your consumers, what they are interested in. This information
will help you develop your brand personality as well as their affinity.
- Attract And Target The Right Audience On Social Media Who you are targeting is extremely important. Think carefully about who is interested in your brand and values that common to both brand and customer. Use micro-targeting and clever content
strategy to publicize your promotions and attract the specific and right audience. It doesn’t have to be complicated to make it easy for your audience to engage and take part in your promotions.
Milky Mama, a brand that makes snacks and treats nutritionally designed for new mother’s targeted very specific
audience: breastfeeding mothers. They ran a Facebook contest where participants can get a chance to win store credit by answering a technical question
- Listen To Your Community Online Online communities are a great way to seek information from followers. Online communities are a great option to seek direct, unfiltered opinions on a range of questions product reviews, etc. Throw in a contest
to gather information quickly.
TCL the leading electronics maker regularly communicates with its audience through its Fan Army page. From contest
to running campaign brands post regularly and keep the audience hooked.
- Show Your Brand Is Unique To really solidify the trust amongst your target audience you need to stand out from the competition. Hence it is important to show brand key Unique Selling Point or USP to the customers so that they are aware that
you have something unique for them and they keep coming back.
Parfait the international lingerie brand established its strong positioning as the only brand selling plus
size fashionable lingerie in market hovered by many national and international brands
- Keep Them In Loop Keep your customers informed about the all latest happening and changes at your end. Whether you are launching a product or going through an organizational change or any other change make sure your customers know about all
the changes. This will help build trust and boost brand affinity naturally.
- Ease Your Buying Processes Lastly making the buying process as easy and short as possible. If your customers can buy what they need without any hiccups or delays you bound to experience a boost in company image and brand affinity. Keep a continuous
check for improvement and provide contact or seek regular feedback from customers about their shopping experience to make it better.
Brand Affinity is one of the most robust strategies for enhancing the return on investment of your business. It not only helps to strengthen the loyalty of existing customers but also helps to increase the customer’s base of your brand. All this will
further help you to enhance the revenue of your business.